Good evening to my very few readers so far,
There are a lot of things going on for me. The first thing is of course Japan. Things are getting worse and worse and I really don't want to describe it at this point. I feel so bad for the whole country, this whole crisis is so tragic and horrible that I don't want to see it anymore... but it's reality and I somehow have to cope with it. I'm still hoping that at least the people who survived the earthquake/tsunami will be somehow safe from now on, even though they have to flee to another part of the country or even to a different country. The only thing what I can do to help is still donating, and I will send out another donation in the next few days.
Because of what's going on in Japan I'll probably drop my plans for my Working Holiday year. Thinking about that really hurts in my heart, but I don't really want to go into a country which is half contaminated and half destroyed. This does not mean that I don't have any hope left, but honestly, it doesn't look good...
Anyway, there are some pros about not going to Japan this year. I can directly go to university and will hopefully end up in the same city as all my friends (which is not going to work, but I can still dream about it). I can use the money I saved up to donate even more and also for university because my parents don't really have the money to support me (they will try but I'll have to be prepared). And I mean, it's not like this is the last chance to go to Japan ever. There will be another chance even though it might not be for a whole year.
Today, I talked with my best friend about all of this (and more). She's currently in Tanzania and it's her birthday today, so I called her and we talked for like 39 minutes. It was great to be able to talk to her again. I still have to wait another few month until she comes back, but hopefully time will pass fast.
Another thing that I organized today is my trip for the next three days. I'll attend a "fast reading course" on Thursday and Friday with a friend. This takes place in Hamburg which is like 180 km away from where I live. That doesn't sound like a lot, but I don't have a driver's licence and the trains somehow need like 3 hours for this distance (if I use the cheapest option). So I decided to go to Rotenburg tomorrow already. The friend which will attend the course together with me is living there and it's not as far away as where I live (there's a direct train from Rotenburg to Hamburg which needs less then an hour so that's much more convenient for me). And fortunately I found a guy who's going to Rotenburg tomorrow evening by car and he can give me a ride. So there won't be any stress at all for me, even though it will be a bit more expensive overall. It's worth it.
The last thing I want to write about is all the things that are in my head right now. I found so many interesting stuff on the net the last few days and I WANT TO READ IT ALL! But it's so much stuff that I'll need like months to get through it (including trying out all the things). What I'm talking about is for example lucid dreaming. If you've never heard of it: it's being in a dream where you are aware that it's a dream so you can build your own dream. Like in Inception. If it's right what I read it's a lot like in Inception. I even read that there was a guy who used this technique to train physical things like skateboarding in his dreams. That sounds so awesome that I NEED to try that. I posted an article on Facebook yesterday about this, and two of my friends already tried out parts of the techniques and were actually able to remember their dreams after the first night of trying this even though they normally never remembered their dreams. That is actually the first step, the next step is to get used to "Reality Checks" which will tell you if you are dreaming or not (like looking at your hands and counting your fingers). If you do that within a dream, you'll be aware that you're not dreaming and this is where lucid dreaming begins. At first, the dream might collapse because you're so excited about it (again a bit like in Inception), but eventually you'll be able to control it and do all the things you want in your dreams. Isn't this totally awesome? If you're interested, you might read this and Google for more information. I don't know if that sound thing works, but I'll try it out someday (maybe there's a free sample of it somewhere on the internet *cough*). Please also tell me if you have any experience with this, I want to know!
Okay, this post got much longer than I actually planned. I hope it wasn't too boring (I don't know if there will be anybody reading this but it doesn't matter). Now, I'll read some more stuff and then go to sleep.
See ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment